- 36 (Registered)
THIS MASTER PROGRAM IS FULL
Description and how it was born
On the rails of Digital Dentistry, modern technologies and the latest generation of restorative materials open now new horizons in the field of Prosthodontics. The implementation in the daily practice of the most advanced technologies, such as CAD-CAM, laser-sintering/melting and 3D-printing, has got a synergic impulse from the enhanced mechanical and manufacturing properties of the new generation of dental materials. Many of these offer undeniable advantages as high aesthetic potential, astounding optical characteristics, reliable mechanical properties, excellent consistency in terms of precision and accuracy due to the manufacturing technologies, and more convenient production timing. These improvements have dramatically widened the restorative choices in tooth- and implant-supported prosthodontics.
Prof Marco Ferrari is the director of this program which is the result of an agreement between the University of Siena and Dentalnecto Srl and is confirmed for the 4th edition in a row. More than 100 students from all over the world have already enrolled since 2019 to this master’s degree*. Applications will open again in October 2022 for a maximum of 40/50 new students.
• higher level of specialisation
• part-time master, for professionals who want to keep learning
• lectures scheduled during weekends (Fri-Sat)
• hands-on (1 week, once per year) at the University of Siena
Official language is English. The students will receive the certificate of master. The title will be issued by the University of Siena. The master lasts 24 months, approximately from June 2023 to April 2025. Prof Marco Ferrari is the director of this master: – PROF. MARCO FERRARI – PRESIDIO LE SCOTTE, II lotto 7^ piano – 0577/233131 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Online theoretical lessons and hands-on activities at the University of Siena
The master in Prosthodontics and New Technologies is going to start with a new edition. All theoretical lessons will be streamed online.
This master is a part-time master (we call it executive master here in Italy). It was born for those colleagues who want to keep studying but can’t be abroad for months or years. In fact, there will be 8/9 weekends of online lessons throughout 2 years (approx. one weekend every 2 months). All enrolled students must be present at the University of Siena for a couple of single full teaching weeks (4 days) in order to attend in presence and join the hands-on part of the course. Once in 2023 and once in 2024.
Prof. Marco Ferrari (email@example.com)
- Roberto Bonfiglioli
- Andrea Borracchini
- Fabio Carboncini
- Silvia Cei
- Nicola Discepoli
- Andrea Fabianelli
- Serhat Koken
- Daniele Manfredini
- Vincenzo Mutone
- Denise Pontoriero
- Roberto Sorrentino
Requirements and admission:
A degree in Dentistry or equipollent degree is required to be a student of this master’s course.
• the degree above-mentioned;
• a resume (cv);
• a copy of your passport
Documents you should add:
• Your qualifications (doctorate, master’s degrees, etc);
• English language certificate (TOEFL, etc)
Upon enrollment you will have to certify your access title. This step is mandatory and without a certified and comparable title the University of Siena will have to exclude you from the master. Moreover, you must certify the paperworks on time, of course (time will be declared in the admission notice soon).
You can certify your title providing:
- A detailed diploma supplement with transcripts if you graduated in EU. You should ask the University where you graduated for it.
- Otherwise you can certify it or via Italian Embassy (in the country where you graduated) asking for a Declaration of Value of your degree.
- Or via CIMEA, obtaining – online – a Certificate of Verification and a Statement of Comparability.
CIMEA is the official Italian centre within the NARIC – National Academic Recognition Information Centres – network of the European Union and the ENIC – European National Information Centres – network of the European Council and of UNESCO. The paperworks can be required online at https://cimea.diplo-me.eu/unisi/#/auth/login
This step is mandatory and without a certified and comparable title the University of Siena will have to exclude you from the master. Moreover, you must provide the paperworks on time, of course.
The steps, recapped
The steps are: application (need to pay the application fee, preferably verifying at the same time your titles via CIMEA to confirm that you own a right title) – admission – enrollment (need to pay the first installment) – study – second instalment – study – final exam and certification.
- Residence (full address)
- Domicile (if different, full address)
- Place of Birth (City)
- Date (day/month/year) of University degree/diploma in Dentistry
- Name of the University
- Duration of study
Dentalnecto will guarantee administrative and communication support with the university. We will also guarantee updates on teaching and will take care of communication and the technical part related to online lessons.
Please consider that you would need to be in Siena probably for one week in 2023 and one week in 2024. So check the time and required papers for the visa in case you need it.
How much does the master’s program in Prosthodontics and New Technologies cost?
This master cost 7.000€ excl. taxes (virtual stamp duty 16€, VAT where applicable – depending also on your tax position and country). The maximum cost including taxes is 7896€.
- At the application stage, you will have to pay a small deposit of 150€ plus VAT to enable us to handle your application and to reserve a place on the master course. This amount will be deducted from your final account, but if you are not admitted to the master’s course it will not be refundable.
- When your application is accepted you have to transfer your first payment (tuition fees, first instalment + VAT, virtual stamp duty).
- After 8/9 months you will pay the second instalment (tuition fees, second and last instalment + VAT, minus the application fee).
If for some reason you don’t have to pay VAT, of course, the figures will be slightly different.
Educational System in Italy
How our agreement with the university works.
Dentalnecto has an agreement to co-organize the master’s program. We take care of looking for candidates through promotion agreements with external entities (e.g., Zerodonto). Then we collect the applications, and handle the submissions and all communications with students related to the admission stages. We also collect the fees, and when we have all of them, we pay the university the tuition portion (usually in two installments, the due dates of which are determined by the university). The rest you pay is to cover our support throughout 2 and more years (from application to the certificate), our services mentioned above and all the management of theory classes that take place online through our remote support and through software managed by us. This also includes video recordings of the meetings.
The figures disclosed on this site include everything, fees, services, and are total figures (include two years of courses).
Take a look at the official admission notice for the master in Prosthodontics and New Technologies 2022/23 (PDF download)
Useful resources, COVID-19 and Italy
Topics are listed below 0/0
No items in this section
What you are going to study
Dates and TopicsSchedule 2023
- 9-10 June: Serhat Koken and Marco Ferrari - Direct restorations, documentation of clinical cases and dental photos Friday Morning: Prof Ferrari - how to document clinical prosthodontic cases Friday afternoon and Saturday Morning: Serhat Koken - Digital Dental Photography; Anterior Direct Restorations; Posterior Direct Restorations; Cervical Margin Relocation and Luting under isolated conditions.
- 14-15 July: Nicola Discepoli - Periodontal-prosthetic relationships
- 3-4 October: Denise Pontoriero and Marco Ferrari: Pre-prosthetic endodontic treatment and reconstruction of endodontically treated teeth
- 18-21 October: Hands-on in Siena
- 25 October, half-day (joint batches): Prof. Fernando Zarone, Prof Roberto Sorrentino - Prosthodontic Materials and Digital Dentures
- 24-25 November: Fabio Carboncini - Occlusion
- 18 January: Daniele Manfredini - TMJ Disorders
- 1 February: Daniele Manfredini - Bruxism
- Introduction to the Master Course
- Scientific principles and clinical protocols regarding bonding and dental adhesion.
- Basics of digital photography in dental practice: intra-oral, extra-oral and portraits. Equipment, settings and photographic accessories.
- Data acquisition and patient analysis.
- How to set up a case presentation.
- Treatment planning and decisional workflow.
- Interdisciplinary approach to complex cases.
- Diagnosis, principles of occlusion and functional schemes.
- Endodontic treatment related to prosthodontic treatment plan/Endo retreatments and complex endo cases
- How to incorporate ETT in prosthodontic treatment planning: from single tooth to full mouth reconstruction
- Functional and esthetic previsualization of treatment outcomes: the mock-up technique.
- Fabrication of mock-up templates, mock-moulding, mock-up guided preparation technique.
- Horizontal and vertical preparations.
- Preparation for partial and full-coverage restorations.
- Cementation of fiber posts and prosthetic restorations.
- Basic principles of removable prosthodontics.
- Anatomy and function of edentulous patients.
- The vertical dimension of occlusion in edentulous patients.
- Functional, esthetic and phonetic considerations in removable prosthodontics.
- Fabrication and delivery of removable full dentures.
- Periodontal diagnosis and prognosis of prosthetic abutment teeth.
- Soft tissues management and maintenance in relation to prosthetic restorations.
- Crown lengthening techniques.
- Functional and clinical relationships between Periodontics and Prosthodontics.
- Organization and management of the dental team prosthodontist/dental technician.
- Analog and digital workflow in the dental laboratory.
- Dental laboratory considerations in the selection and handling of restorative materials: feldspathic ceramics, lithium disilicate and zirconia.
- Layering and painting techniques: case presentation.
- Fabrication and management of temporary prostheses.
- Soft tissues conditioning and relining techniques.
- Analog and digital impressions: basic principles and clinical protocols.
- Basic science behind intraoral scanners.
- Advantages and limitations of optical impressions.
- Intraoral scanner impression making.
- Dental ceramics: characteristics and indications.
- Decision-making process to select dental ceramics.
- Luting agents: characteristics, indications.
- Decision-making process to select dental cements.
- Clinical protocols of operative filed isolation and cementation.
- Temporo-mandibular joint considerations in prosthetic rehabilitations.
- TMJ and occlusion: physiology and pathology.
- Bruxism, obstructive sleep apnea and sleep disturbances.
- Diagnosis and treatment planning in parafunctional patients.
- Case presentation of parafunctional complex cases.
- Diagnosis and treatment planning in implant-supported Prosthodontics.
- Basic principles of computer-guided implant-supported Prosthodontics.
- Clinical procedures in implant-supported Prosthodontics.
- (Possibly) Master Thesis discussion and case presentation.