- 41 (Registered)
THIS MASTER PROGRAM IS FULL
This master’s degree is the result of an agreement between the University of Siena and Dentalnecto Srl. 38 of the 40 places available are reserved for Dentalnecto. 2 places are allocated by the university. The official language is English. The students will receive the certificate of II level master(or I level if the certification of your degree is not comparable to an EQF7 level in the framework created by the European Union). This title will be issued by the University of Siena. You need to be in Siena in selected weeks to attend.
It lasts 24 months, approximately from January 2022 to December 2023. Prof Marco Ferrari is te director of this master:
– PROF. MARCO FERRARI – PRESIDIO LE SCOTTE, II lotto 7^ piano – 0577/233131 – email@example.com
Verifying you are eligible (a degree in dentistry or an equipollent degree is required) and pay the application fee are the first things you should do to apply.
Online theoretical lessons and hands-on activities at the University of Siena
The master in Prosthodontics and New Technologies is going to start with a new edition. All theoretical lessons will be streamed online.
This master is a part-time master (we call it executive master here in Italy). It was born for those colleagues who want to keep studying but can’t be abroad for months or years. In fact, there will be 8/9 weekends of online lessons throughout 2 years (approx. one weekend every 2 months). All enrolled students must be present at the University of Siena for a couple of single full teaching weeks (4 days) in order to attend in presence and join the hands-on part of the course. Once in 2022 and once in 2023. The first online lesson will take place in January or February 2022.
Prof. Marco Ferrari (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Roberto Bonfiglioli
- Andrea Borracchini
- Fabio Carboncini
- Silvia Cei
- Nicola Discepoli
- Andrea Fabianelli
- Serhat Koken
- Daniele Manfredini
- Vincenzo Mutone
- Denise Pontoriero
- Roberto Sorrentino
Requirements and admission:
A degree in Dentistry or equipollent degree is required
• Documents needed: the degree above-mentioned; a resume (cv); a copy of your passport
• Documents you should add: Your qualifications (doctorate, masters, etc); English language certificate (TOEFL, etc)
• Upon enrollment, some of the documents should be attached in the original copy (translated, authenticated, legalized and provided with the expected value declarations) completed by the Italian Representatives for the territory, without which enrollment will not be completed. You will have a maximum of six months to provide them.
- Residence (full address)
- Domicile (if different, full address)
- Place of Birth (City)
- Date (day/month/year) of University degree/diploma in Dentistry
- Name of the University
- Duration of study
Dentalnecto will guarantee administrative and communication support with the university. We will also guarantee updates on teaching and will take care of communication and the technical part related to online lessons.
Please consider that you would need to be in Siena for one week in 2022 and one week in 2023. So check the time and required papers for the visa in case you need it. Also, the university will ask for a declaration of value and a translated and legalised copy of your dental degree within 6 months from the enrolment. Italian Embassy or Consulate in your country (in the country where you graduated) will help you obtain them.
How much does the master program in Prosthodontics and New Technologies cost?
This master cost 6500€ excl. taxes (virtual stamp duty 16€, VAT where applicable – depending also on your tax position and country). The maximum cost including taxes is 7286€.
- At the application stage, you will have to pay a small deposit of 150€ plus VAT to enable us to handle your application and to reserve a place on the master course. This amount will be deducted from your final account, but if you are not admitted to the master’s course it will not be refundable.
- When your application is accepted you have to transfer your first payment of 3651€ (tuition fees, first installment + VAT, virtual stamp duty).
- After 8/9 months you will pay the second installment of 3452€ (tuition fees, second and last installment + VAT, minus the application fee).
If for some reason you don’t have to pay VAT, of course the figures will be slightly different.
Educational System in Italy
Useful resources, COVID-19 and Italy
Topics are listed below 0/0
No items in this section
What you are going to study
Dates and Topics
- - January 2022 7-8 Nicola Discepoli, Management of soft tissues around natural and implant abutments
- - March 2022 11-12 Fabio Carboncini, Occlusion of natural teeth and implants: overview of literature and clinical aspects
- NEW (THU, FRI), April 2022 28-29 Daniele Manfredini - TMJ Anatomy
- NEW (TUE, WED), May 2022 10-11 Marco Ferrari, Denise Pontoriero - Endo treatment and build up of endodontically treated teeth
CANCELED - May 2022 20-21
- - July 2022 (hands-on) 6-9 SIENA, ITALY 🇮🇹 Digital, Endodontics, ETT reconstruction
- EXTRA LESSON (THU), July 21 Prof Daniele Manfredini, Radiographic examination of TMJ
- - October 2022 7-8 Marco Ferrari, Serhat Koken, Dental photography and How to document clinical cases
- POSTPONED December 2022 2-3
- January 20-21 Marco Ferrari, Andrea Fabianelli - Mock-up preparations Functional and esthetic previsualization of treatment outcomes: the mock-up technique. Fabrication of mock-up templates, mock-moulding, mock-up guided preparation technique. Preparation for partial and coverage restorations.
- February 2023 10-11 Prof. Andrea Borracchini Basic principles of removable prosthodontics. Anatomy and function of edentulous patients. The vertical dimension of occlusion in edentulous patients. Functional, esthetic and phonetic considerations in removable prosthodontics. Fabrication and delivery of removable full dentures.
- April 2023 21-22 Prof. Fabio Carboncini, Prof. Daniele Manfredini Temporo-mandibular joint considerations in prosthetic rehabilitations. TMJ and occlusion: physiology and pathology. Bruxism, obstructive sleep apnea and sleep disturbances. Diagnosis and treatment planning in parafunctional patients. Case presentation of parafunctional complex cases.
- June 2023 (hands-on) 14-17 Prof. Marco Ferrari, Prof. Roberto Sorrentino, Prof. Silvia Cei, Prof. Andrea Fabianelli, Prof. Fabio Carboncini Preparations of abutments (vertical and horizontal finishing lines) Analog and digital impressions: basic principles and clinical protocols. Basic science behind intraoral scanners. Advantages and limitations of optical impressions. Intraoral scanner impression making in the fixed and removable prosthesis. Digital wax-up and milling procedures Complete digital workflow
- October 2023, 25th, half-day (joint batches) Prof. Fernando Zarone, Prof Roberto Sorrentino Prosthodontic Materials Diagnosis and treatment planning in implant-supported Prosthodontics. Basic principles of computer-guided implant-supported Prosthodontics. Clinical procedures in implant-supported Prosthodontics.
- November 2023 (exam) - NOT CONFIRMED
- Introduction to the Master Course
- Scientific principles and clinical protocols regarding bonding and dental adhesion.
- Basics of digital photography in dental practice: intra-oral, extra-oral and portraits. Equipment, settings and photographic accessories.
- Data acquisition and patient analysis.
- How to set up a case presentation.
- Treatment planning and decisional workflow.
- Interdisciplinary approach to complex cases.
- Diagnosis, principles of occlusion and functional schemes.
- Endodontic treatment related to prosthodontic treatment plan/Endo retreatments and complex endo cases
- How to incorporate ETT in prosthodontic treatment planning: from single tooth to full mouth reconstruction
- Functional and esthetic previsualization of treatment outcomes: the mock-up technique.
- Fabrication of mock-up templates, mock-moulding, mock-up guided preparation technique.
- Horizontal and vertical preparations.
- Preparation for partial and full-coverage restorations.
- Cementation of fiber posts and prosthetic restorations.
- Basic principles of removable prosthodontics.
- Anatomy and function of edentulous patients.
- The vertical dimension of occlusion in edentulous patients.
- Functional, esthetic and phonetic considerations in removable prosthodontics.
- Fabrication and delivery of removable full dentures.
- Periodontal diagnosis and prognosis of prosthetic abutment teeth.
- Soft tissues management and maintenance in relation to prosthetic restorations.
- Crown lengthening techniques.
- Functional and clinical relationships between Periodontics and Prosthodontics.
- Organization and management of the dental team prosthodontist/dental technician.
- Analog and digital workflow in the dental laboratory.
- Dental laboratory considerations in the selection and handling of restorative materials: feldspathic ceramics, lithium disilicate and zirconia.
- Layering and painting techniques: case presentation.
- Fabrication and management of temporary prostheses.
- Soft tissues conditioning and relining techniques.
- Analog and digital impressions: basic principles and clinical protocols.
- Basic science behind intraoral scanners.
- Advantages and limitations of optical impressions.
- Intraoral scanner impression making.
- Dental ceramics: characteristics and indications.
- Decision-making process to select dental ceramics.
- Luting agents: characteristics, indications.
- Decision-making process to select dental cements.
- Clinical protocols of operative filed isolation and cementation.
- Temporo-mandibular joint considerations in prosthetic rehabilitations.
- TMJ and occlusion: physiology and pathology.
- Bruxism, obstructive sleep apnea and sleep disturbances.
- Diagnosis and treatment planning in parafunctional patients.
- Case presentation of parafunctional complex cases.
- Diagnosis and treatment planning in implant-supported Prosthodontics.
- Basic principles of computer-guided implant-supported Prosthodontics.
- Clinical procedures in implant-supported Prosthodontics.
- (Possibly) Master Thesis discussion and case presentation.