- 48 (Registered)
24 MONTHS/ 5-6 WEEKS – 2020/22
THIS MASTER PROGRAM IS FULL
Online theoretical lessons and hands-on activities at the University of Siena to become capable of performing all prosthodontic techniques, both conventionally and digitally.
The master in Prosthodontics and new technologies is going to start with a new edition again. It was born as an agreement between Dentalnecto and the University of Siena, just as the last year. This year, due to the covid-19 pandemic all theoretical lessons will be streamed online.
This master is a part-time master. It was born for those colleagues who want to keep studying but can’t be abroad for months or years. In fact, there will be 10 weekends of online lessons throughout 2 years (approx. one weekend every 2 months). In any case, all enrolled students must be present at the University of Siena for a couple of single full teaching weeks (4 days) in order to attend the hands-on part of the course.
At the end the students will receive the academic title of Master of Science. The title will be issued by the University of Siena.
Requirements and admission:
The degree in Dentistry or equipollent degree is required
• Documents needed: the degree above-mentioned; a resume (cv); a copy of your passport
• Documents you should add: Your qualifications (doctorate, masters, etc); English language certificate (TOEFL, etc)
Dentalnecto will guarantee administrative and communication support with the university. It will also guarantee updates on teaching and will take care of communication and the technical part related to online lessons.
The total cost will be 6.000€ excl. taxes. And it won’t include the expenses related to your stay in Siena (Italy) for the hands-on classes.
The call for applications is open and it will be possible to enroll within the end of October 2020. The students will be asked to deposit a small amount of money to reserve their seat.
Our support is already started. Dentalnecto will take care of everything, so if you are determined to attend the master write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to a list of interested people.
Admission notice: CALL FOR APPLICATIONS (PDF on the website of the University)
Curriculum is empty
Classes start at 9 AM
Break at 11 AM
Light lunch at 1:30 PM
Classes from 3.00 to 5.00 PM
DRAFT OF THE WEEKS SCHEDULE
Week 1 : FRI-SAT, 19-20 February 2021Prof. Marco Ferrari, Prof Serhat Koken
- Scientific principles and clinical protocols regarding bonding and dental adhesion.
- Basics of digital photography in dental practice: intra-oral, extra-oral and portraits. Equipment, settings and photographic accessories.
Week 2 FRI-SAT, 23-24 April 2021Prof. Fabio Carboncini, Prof. Roberto Sorrentino
- Data acquisition and patient analysis.
- How to set up a case presentation.
- Treatment planning and decisional workflow.
- Interdisciplinary approach to complex cases.
- Diagnosis, principles of occlusion and functional schemes.
Week 3 TUE-WED, 6-7 July 2021Prof M. Ferrari, Prof. Denise Pontoriero
- Endodontic treatment related to prosthodontic treatment plan
- How to incorporate ETT in prosthodontic treatment planning: from single tooth to full mouth reconstruction
Week 4 WED-SAT, 15-18 September 2021, in presence in SienaProf. Marco Ferrari, Prof. Roberto Sorrentino
- Functional and esthetic previsualization of treatment outcomes: the mock-up technique.
- Fabrication of mock-up templates, mock-moulding, mock-up guided preparation technique.
- Horizontal and vertical preparations.
- Preparation for partial and full-coverage restorations.
- Cementation of fiber posts and prosthetic restorations.
Week 5 FRI-SAT, 10-11 December 2021Prof. Andrea Borracchini -
- Basic principles of removable prosthodontics.
- Anatomy and function of edentulous patients.
- The vertical dimension of occlusion in edentulous patients.
- Functional, esthetic and phonetic considerations in removable prosthodontics.
- Fabrication and delivery of removable full dentures.
Week 6 FRI-SAT, 11-12 February 2022Prof. Nicola Discepoli
- Periodontal diagnosis and prognosis of prosthetic abutment teeth.
- Soft tissues management and maintenance in relation to prosthetic restorations.
- Crown lengthening techniques.
- Functional and clinical relationships between Periodontics and Prosthodontics.
Week 7 FRI-SAT, 15-16 April 2022Prof. Bonfiglioli, Prof. Vincenzo Mutone
- Organization and management of the dental team prosthodontist/dental technician.
- Analog and digital workflow in the dental laboratory.
- Dental laboratory considerations in the selection and handling of restorative materials: feldspathic ceramics, lithium disilicate and zirconia.
- Layering and painting techniques: case presentation.
Week 8 WED-SAT, 8-11 June 2022 - HANDS-ON in SienaProf. Marco Ferrari, Prof. Roberto Sorrentino
- Fabrication and management of temporary prostheses.
- Soft tissues conditioning and relining techniques.
- Analog and digital impressions: basic principles and clinical protocols.
- Basic science behind intraoral scanners.
- Advantages and limitations of optical impressions.
- Intraoral scanner impression making.
Week 9 FRI-SAT, 1-2 July 2022Prof. Marco Ferrari, Prof. Roberto Sorrentino
- Dental ceramics: characteristics and indications.
- Decision-making process to select dental ceramics.
- Luting agents: characteristics, indications.
- Decision-making process to select dental cements.
- Clinical protocols of operative filed isolation and cementation.
Week 10 FRI-SAT, 14-15 October 2022Prof. Fabio Carboncini, Prof. Daniele Manfredini
- Temporo-mandibular joint considerations in prosthetic rehabilitations.
- TMJ and occlusion: physiology and pathology.
- Bruxism, obstructive sleep apnea and sleep disturbances.
- Diagnosis and treatment planning in parafunctional patients.
- Case presentation of parafunctional complex cases.
Week 11 FRI-SAT, 09-10 December 2022Prof. Marco Ferrari, Prof. Roberto Sorrentino
- Diagnosis and treatment planning in implant-supported Prosthodontics.
- Basic principles of computer-guided implant-supported Prosthodontics.
- Clinical procedures in implant-supported Prosthodontics.
- (Possibly) Master Thesis discussion and case presentation.